Career guidance and counselling programmes aim at helping the students to be more
informed and to give them better educational and career choices. Among other things,
programmes offer information on higher course offerings, career options, the type of academic
and occupational training needed to succeed in the workplace, and post secondary
opportunities that are associated with their field of interest. Programmes also often provide
teachers, administrators, and parents with information they can use to support student's
career exploration and post-secondary educational opportunities.
Activities of Career Guidance and Counselling Programmes
- Advising students and parents on the VHS School programmes and academic
curriculum, preparing them for higher education application and admission.
- Creating awereness about the industrial linkages and entrepreneurship opportunities.
- Arranging dual/concurrent enrollment and advanced placement credits to prepare students
for the rigour of post-secondary education.
- Planning and preparation for professional course admissions and entrance tests.
- Informing the students about post-secondary financing that can be used to support
advanced education and training.
- Developing career portfolios, which include test and grades results, examples of
student work, and resumes and cover letters to prospective employers.
- Arranging job shadowing, work placements and community-based learning
programmes to allow students to directly experience workplace situations.
- Sponsoring workshopes, classes, focus groups, and special presentations that focus on
job skills and personal development.
- Providing specialized counselling and intervention services to give the students with